mum and sis and 2nd bro came to my hse 4 dinner
and i cooked for them. my sis is on m.c.
we enjoyed very much talking and
crapping. later we visited my bro who also stays in sengkang.
he went to fetch her eldest daughter who had abacus' learning.
after she came home, she started to do her higher chinese, maths.
she is now in P3. realised they have tones of hmwk
and find tt she is self discipline and her dad dun hv to
worry too much for her.
my other 2 cousins, 5 and 3 years old, are playing and
teasing each other. with them ard they can turn e hse
upside down...can u believe it???
wanna jot down my QT as a reminder before i forget.
Quiet Time for 30 Jan 2006
this msg is very close to my heart.
Harsh Words
Read luke 6:37-42
Do not judge, and you will not be judged.
Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned.
Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
My mother is 65 years old. Every day she bustles in and out of the house doing chores from washing to cleaning to mopping to cooking for the family. One day she accidentally dropped the blender while washing it, and the plastic container cracked. It could not be used anymore. I was angry with her because I use the blender everyday. I would have to spend money to buy a new one. Without thinking, I scolder her for being careless, my words were harsh.
That evening before bed, the Lord spoke to me during my quiet time. The message was, "Do to others as you would have them do to you." (luke 6:31). Too often we find ourselves ready to pass judgment on someone. Why can't we instead choose to see them thru eyes of compassion and kindness as Christ did? Christ always looked at pple with compassion - and still does.
I was filled with remorse over how I had treated mum earlier that day. I asked God to forgive me. Then I went to mum's room, hugged her, and told her I was sorry for shouting at her. She forgave me, too.
Prayer:
Dear God, help us to see others with kindness and compassion, as you do. Teach us to be patient and forgiving towards others. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen.
Thought for the day:
People are always more important than things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment