Friday, February 03, 2006

a new habbit developed

this year CNY is a peaceful one, have catch up wif
family, relatives plus some friends.
i can say i like it very much!

went to hv lunch wif my mum, sometimes she will feel lonely
to be alone at home. and she will tell mi stories bout
wad happened lately. it's nice talking to her so tt she knows
tt we care.

have been meeting God every morning.
saying hello to him and talking to him
has become a habbit alr.
hope can carry on e'day.

feel tt i need to have wisdom in order to live life fully
and live it well.

31 Jan 2006
The Brevity of Life
Psalm 39:4-7, Hebrews 6:9-12

Teach us to number our days,
that we may apply our hearts into wisdom.

Recently i visited the graveyard where my parents are buried. As i stood at their gravesite, both pleasant and painful memories came to mind. Within a few minutes, my thots shifted away from the past to e future. I realized that within a few years, my own sons might take a similar visit to my grave. The inevitability of death overwhelmed me.

But my ruminations bout e future did not create in me a melancholy mood. Instead, I thot bout ways I could "redeem e time" I have left on earth. I began to pray, asking e Lord to help me finish my life well. I asked God to increase e fruitfulness of my ministries and to make my later years more effective than my younger years. Focusing on my mortality resulted in a recommitment of my life to Christ and his work.

Realising that we are going to die can become encouragement for living well and fully and can motivate us to invest more in eternity. As Psalm 90:12 says, wisdom comes when we "number our days".

Prayer:
God, help us to live for eternity by keeping e end of this life in view. In the character and ministry that you have given each of us, help us to finish well. Amen.

Thought for the day:
Realising life's brevity can become wisdom for living each day fully.

No comments: